Friends of the Unsheltered (“FOTU”) has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is listed at the end of this policy.This is information for anyone that wishes to challenge our “fair use” of copyrighted material.Some of the stories on this site may contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental issues, news and current events, human rights, economic and political democracy, science and technology, health, issues of social justice, and other certain conscious knowledge.
Fair use: Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational, news reporting, or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright and falls outside the boundaries of “Fair Use”, please send a notice of infringement by contacting us at: info@FriendsOfTheUnsheltered.org.We will respond and take necessary action immediately.
If notice is given of an alleged copyright violation we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material(s) in question.
DMCA COPYRIGHT POLICY
Reporting Copyright Infringement:
If you allege that your intellectual property is being violated, you must submit to FOTU:
- A physical or electronic notification from a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the specific location of the infringing materials on FOTU’s website that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that FOTU is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information of the person notifying FOTU, including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
It is FOTU’s policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
Please contact FOTU following the above procedures at: info@FriendsOfTheUnsheltered.org.