A pdf of the above image is available at https://friendsoftheunsheltered.org/wp-content/uploads/Housing-First-HUD.pdf.
- “Housing First” means radically different things to different people. As a result, the researched, evidence-based variant is called Pathway’s Housing First.
- Pathway’s Housing First includes several components… that must all be incorporated into the program.
- Program philosophy and practice values emphasizing consumer choice;
- Community based, mobile support services; and
- Permanent scatter-site housing (multiple clients are not housed in one apartment complex or shelter).
- A major barrier to Pathway’s Housing First includes a lack of affordable housing.
Tsemberis, S. J. (2010). Housing first : the pathways model to end homelessness for people with mental illness and addiction. Hazelden.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (2014). FY 2013 annual performance report: FY 2015 annual performance plan: U.S. Retrieved December 1, 2022, from https://www.hud.gov/sites/documents/HUD_FY13APR_FY15APP.PDF