Progress Report – Mid May, 2021
Here are some updates,news items and resources from our research and outreach since our last progress report.
- Breaking News! HB 2006 – Relating to housing; declaring an emergency – 81st OREGON LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY–2021: Signed into law by Governor Brown on May 12, 2021! From my understanding this legislation “trumps” local zoning for the placement of shelters (read the details). Building codes must still be followed (e.g. structure must be built to allow overnight sleeping).
Read more on the Summary from the Legislative Website.
- Don’t miss the Seaside Round Table Discussion on Homelessness. Seaside Mayor Jay Barber and Councillor Tita Montero are hosting the second round table discussion tonight at the Seaside Convention Center: May 13, 2021 6:00 PM – Strategies Implemented in other communities: Speaker to be announced – Thursday, May 13, 2021, 6:00 PM The next community forums on homelessness are scheduled for:
- May 20, 2021 6:00 PM – Learning more from other communities: Speaker to be announced – Thursday, May 20, 2021, 6:00 PM
- June 3, 2021 6:00 PM –Community wide discussion; moderated by Mayor Jay Barber – Thursday, June 3, 2021, 6:00 PM
- July 1, 2021 6:00 PM – Discussion regarding next step and House Bill 2006 – Thursday, July 1, 2021, 6:00 PM all at the Seaside Convention Center, 415 First Avenue.
Read more here.